Housing Outreach Program
Please note, the office is closed daily between 12p.m. and 1p.m. for lunch.
If you are looking for advice or direction on notices of eviction, please contact the Durham Community Legal Clinic in Oshawa at 905-728-732.
If you need emergency shelter information contact:
– Muslim Welfare Centre for women at 905-665-0424 or
– Cornerstone Shelter for men at 905-433-0254.
The Housing Outreach Program works with seniors, families, singles and youth who are homeless, under-housed and/or at risk of losing their housing. The goal of this program is to prevent homelessness by helping clients to find and/or maintain their housing.
This is accomplished by:
- Meeting clients within their community
- Providing support and referrals for clients to access community resources and income supports
- Education about the Residential Tenancies Act, and tenant rights and responsibilities
- Providing basic budgeting support and workshops
- Advocacy and Mediation services on behalf of clients with landlords or the Landlord Tenant Board
- Informal counseling for clients in financial or housing crisis
- Aiding clients with the application process for Housing Stability funds for rental deposits, moving costs and utility or rental arrears where necessary
- Helping clients to obtain ID
- Follow up support as needed
- Outreach to landlords, support workers and other community agencies
The Housing Outreach program at CDCD is limited to the Pickering and Ajax region. Drop-in appointments are available, but pre-booking with a Housing Outreach Worker is preferred. For more information about the Housing Outreach Program please contact 905.686.2661 ext 127.
To view the New Standard Lease for Ontario Landlords and Tenants form, please click here.