CDCD is the lead settlement service agency in Durham Region. The following listings and useful links are to help guide and connect individuals, community organizations and private sponsoring groups as we welcome refugees, immigrants and newcomers to Durham.
- Settlement Support
- Housing Support
- Social Services
- Legal Support
- Specialized Supports
- Other useful links
- Volunteering in Durham Region
- Region of Durham Immigration Portal
- Welcome Centre Immigrant Services (Ajax and Pickering)
- Community Development Council Durham (CDCD) – Community Connections
- Community Development Council Durham (CDCD) – Settlement – Orientation
- Community Development Council Durham (CDCD) – Newcomer Settlement
- Community Development Council Durham (CDCD) – Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS)
Here are some organizations that are collecting funds:
If you would like to donate funds to local initiatives please click the link below
For donations of goods please see below:
- Household Items
- Bicycles – Impala Bicycles
For more information please contact us at email@example.com
- Durham Region Health Department
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Aids Committee of Durham Region
- Family & Community Action Program (YMCA of Greater Toronto)
- Community Care Access Centre – Central East
- Kinark Child and Family Services
- Early Development Index
- Alzheimer Society of Durham Region
- The Youth Centre
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada has some great information click here.
- The provincial government has a new resource page click here.
- OCASI has created this page which has alot of great info click here.
- 211 Ontario
- Lifeline Syria has 432 private sponsorship groups registered with it and through their fundraising they are able to provide limited financial assistance to the groups registered with them
- Durham Chinese Canadian Culture Centre
- Durham Tamil Association
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your initiative and/or organization included on this page.