Living Wage Study
In 2016, CDCD conducted a living wage study. We looked at the cost of living throughout Durham, and what a family of four requires to meet their basic needs.
CDCD conducted a year-long investigation into the costs of living for Durham families, and what two working parents need to support a family of four. We conducted community consultations, and followed the structure set out by the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.
This project was generously funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, and started in early 2016. We were fortunate to have the guidance of representatives from the following organizations:
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- The YMCA of Greater Toronto
- Clarington Board of Trade
- Durham Region Labour Council
- United Way Durham
- Durham Workforce Authority
- North Durham Social Planning Council
- Nourish and Develop Foundation
- Health Department, Region of Durham
The Living Wage report can be found here.