Are you new to Canada and want to start your own business? We are offering an Entrepreneurship Program for all newcomer women in the Durham Region.
The Community Development Council Durham (CDCD) and the Business Advisory Centre Durham (BACD) are offering a new program to help women who are new to Canada and interested in starting a business.
New Group Starting on November 8, 2022
- 4 months of commitment and dedication
- 6 interactive training workshops
- Twice a month 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Tuesdays In-person
- Weekly individual business consultations with coach – Virtual
- Creation of a business plan in 4 months
- Access to the business community and professionals
- Increased knowledge of Canadian business culture
- Please note this program includes assignments
- Participate in the Business Launch Event upon completion of the program
Note: We offer child-minding for mothers bringing their child during workshops (upon eligibility).
What do I need to enter the Program?
- Have an existing Business or Business Idea
- Live in Durham Region
- Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee, Live-in Caregiver, Ukrainian & Afghans with the right to work in Canada
- English benchmark of 4+
- Ages 18+
- Be fully committed to participate
For more information about the Newcomer Women’s Entrepreneurship Program, please contact us by phone: 1-877-761-1155 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.