Programs & Services

Housing Stability Program (HSP)

Important notice of changes to the Housing Stability Program:

The Housing Stability Program, which offers financial support to qualified households with low income, will be moving from Community Development Council Durham (CDCD) to the Regional Municipality of Durham, effective April 1, 2024. The intent of this change is to support Housing Stability Program recipients with accessing further resources and services offered through The Regional Municipality of Durham.

For information on the Housing Stability Program or to apply for assistance, visit: or call 905-666-6239

If you have any questions or need assistance filling out the application, please feel free to contact the office directly at 905-686-2661 or

Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)

Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) is designed for low-income families and individuals who have difficulty paying their hydro bills. Families and individuals may qualify for a one-time grant through an application process.

Applicants must contact the Housing Help Durham office to be pre-screened at (905) 686-2661

For assistance with gas bills, please read more about the Enbridge website

Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) 

  • A program designed to help reduce electricity bills for low-income households. 
  • The program provides a monthly on-bill credit for eligible households. 
  • For more information about OESP, visit
  • For more information on how CDCD Outreach Workers can help you with processing OESP application, please contact (905) 686-2661 ext 147


The Housing Outreach Program works with households in Ajax and Pickering area who are homeless, under-housed and/or at-risk of losing their housing.

Outreach Workers work with clients to find or maintain their housing. 

This is accomplished by:

  • Meeting clients within their community
  • Advocacy and Mediation services on behalf of clients with landlords or the Landlord Tenant Board (LTDB)
  • Informal counselling for clients in financial or housing crisis
  • Providing support and referrals for clients to access community resources and income supports
  • Education about the Residential Tenancies Act and Tenant Rights and Responsibilities
  • Providing basic budgeting support and workshops
  • Assisting clients with the application process for the Housing Stability Program
  • Helping clients to obtain an ID
  • Providing follow up support as needed
  • Processing applications for Ontario Electricity Support Program
  • Outreach to landlords, support workers and other community agencies

For more information about the Housing Outreach Program, please contact (905) 686-2661 ext 147

For Housing Outreach support outside Pickering or Ajax, please contact:

Rest of Southern Durham

Northern Durham

Landlord Engagement & Support

CDCD offers support to Landlords in Southern Durham. If you are a landlord in Northern Durham, contact North House

Landlord Support is provided to:

  • Strengthen the cooperation and communication between Landlords and Housing Outreach Workers in Durham Region South
  • Enhance the relationship between landlords and existing housing programs to support housing retention
  • Assist in creating more housing opportunities within the private rental market
  • Educate landlords on Rights and Responsibilities
  • Mediate rental concerns and support landlords to maintain client tenancy
  • Onboard landlords on a Landlord Engagement database to advertise their available rental units.

Housing Outreach Workers and clients will search for vacant rental units.