Housing Stability Program assistance is issued as a one-time payment
- CDCD is not a guarantor on behalf of the tenant
- CDCD does not make any representations on warranties on behalf of the tenant/participant.
More information can be obtained by calling Housing Help Durham at 905-686-2661 or email email@example.com
Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) is designed for low-income families and individuals who have difficulty paying their hydro bills. Families and individuals may qualify for a one-time grant through an application process.
Applicants must contact the Housing Help Durham office to be pre-screened at (905) 686-2661
For assistance with gas bills, please read more about the Enbridge website
Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
- A program designed to help reduce electricity bills for low-income households.
- The program provides a monthly on-bill credit for eligible households.
- For more information about OESP, visit www.ontarioelectricitysupport.ca
- For more information on how CDCD Outreach Workers can help you with processing OESP application, please contact (905) 686-2661 ext 147
The Housing Outreach Program works with households in Ajax and Pickering area who are homeless, under-housed and/or at-risk of losing their housing.
Outreach Workers work with clients to find or maintain their housing.
This is accomplished by:
- Meeting clients within their community
- Advocacy and Mediation services on behalf of clients with landlords or the Landlord Tenant Board (LTDB)
- Informal counselling for clients in financial or housing crisis
- Providing support and referrals for clients to access community resources and income supports
- Education about the Residential Tenancies Act and Tenant Rights and Responsibilities
- Providing basic budgeting support and workshops
- Assisting clients with the application process for the Housing Stability Program
- Helping clients to obtain an ID
- Providing follow up support as needed
- Processing applications for Ontario Electricity Support Program
- Outreach to landlords, support workers and other community agencies
For more information about the Housing Outreach Program, please contact (905) 686-2661 ext 147
For Housing Outreach support outside Pickering or Ajax, please contact:
Rest of Southern Durham
Landlord Engagement & Support
CDCD offers support to Landlords in Southern Durham. If you are a landlord in Northern Durham, contact North House
Landlord Support is provided to:
- Strengthen the cooperation and communication between Landlords and Housing Outreach Workers in Durham Region South
- Enhance the relationship between landlords and existing housing programs to support housing retention
- Assist in creating more housing opportunities within the private rental market
- Educate landlords on Rights and Responsibilities
- Mediate rental concerns and support landlords to maintain client tenancy
- Onboard landlords on a Landlord Engagement database to advertise their available rental units.
Housing Outreach Workers and clients will search for vacant rental units.