Our Team of Orientation Settlement Workers
The supports we offer through our Settlement Services provide newcomers with a place to find accurate information about settling in Canada. Our workers provide intake and assessment services to identify the needs of individual clients and make appropriate referrals to address their needs.
To book an appointment to speak with a settlement worker, please call toll-free: 1-877-761-1155
Fill Out A Form And Contact Us or Email email@example.com
Our settlement team represents the diversity present in our local community.
We are proud to offer client-centred, welcoming, and non-judgmental services to newcomers and immigrants in Durham Region.
Our professional Orientation Settlement Workers are:
- Diverse professionals with lived settlement experiences
- Multi-lingual and offer services in client’s first language where available
- Knowledgeable of the social service sector and Durham Region
- Experts in settlement and integration matters
- Experienced in, delivering services in an effective manner that is client-centred, culturally appropriate, and culturally sensitive.
Our staff are well-trained to deliver services in a comprehensive manner through:
Personalized, self-directed assessments are conducted to assist newcomers and identify their needs, barriers, assets and strengths.
One-on-one supports are available to all newcomers and immigrants through our Settlement Orientation Workers, who can help guide, inform, and equip individuals and families with information and resources needed to settle into a new life in Canada and the Durham Region.
Settlement Plans & Goals
Based on a newcomer’s initial needs assessment, personalized settlement plans are created to help clients achieve short-term and long-term settlement goals.
Orientation To Life In Canada Group Sessions
Welcome events, networking opportunities, and group information sessions to help newcomers learn about settlement-related topics.
Settlement Services are offered at the following locations:
- Ajax Welcome Centre, 458 Fairall Street, Ajax, ON, Unit #5, for more information, click HERE
- Pickering Welcome Centre, 1400 Bayle Street, Pickering ON Unit #16B, for more information, click HERE
- Giffard Centre – Whitby, 1003 Giffard St. Whitby, ON
- E.A. Lovell – Oshawa, 120 Centre Street, Oshawa, ON
Orientation Services are offered in-person, by phone, and through video conferencing.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) helpful video resources
If you are preparing to immigrate to Canada, or are you already living here? IRCC has a series of videos that will help you settle into your new life in Canada, including what you should do in your first two weeks in Canada. Learn about renting or buying a home, learning English or French, and working in Canada. Please click here for the list of videos.
More information about these and other topics for newcomers is also available on IRCC’s website.